Glorious PC gaming master race vs. dirty console gaming peasants

Tar6
  •  10460 posts
  •  

Imagem
    Leveling up your character and building him or her through a game is one of the most important elements in MMOs. It’s what ties us to the world, more than anything. Elder Scrolls Online has fused the best possible systems from both MMOs and the Elder Scrolls RPGs to make progression fun and interesting. I will do my best to break down how you will want to spend your points. There are respecs and morphs available to make decisions important. The system is open and makes for some of the best character progression in an MMO I have seen in a long time.

Magicka, Health, Stamina
    The classic Elder Scrolls line up is available to you right away. Deciding what to put these points into is critical as every character will grow differently. Remember that every character can use magic so having some Magicka helps a lot. Stamina is all about your combat moves especially the dodge mechanic which allows you to move away from attacks and spells. You can never go wrong with health either, as it’s how you stay alive. Finding the balance between these three attributes is going to be a tough one.

Class, Weapon, Armor
    This is where you start to break out the specs of your character. The classes break down as: Dragon Knight, Templar, Sorcerer, or Nightblade. Please remember the classes do not necessarily define how you play your character. Just look at them as a set of skills and figure out how you want them to play into your overall build. They do fit certain roles, but in a very general sense. As Paul Sage said, the game’s goal is not to take away the trinity, but to make it flexible. That begin said, the Dragon Knight is the fighter style class, the Templar has some healing, the Sorcerer is about magic, and we have not seen the Nightblade, but you get the idea.

Skills, Skills, My Skills
    Now, once you choose your spec, as Sorcerer I chose Storm Calling (but must confess Dark Magic looked pretty awesome); you then unlock both active and passive skills. The active skill of Mage’s Fury was my first choice. It cast a lightning bolt down on NPCs and built up into an explosion. It was great for finishing off mobs with a bang. This skill levels up, so the more you use it the better you get at it. At one point the skill Morphs, asking you to make a choice on how you want the skill to continue. I wish I had more detail to give on this front. I am sure as we get deeper into game coverage we will learn more about it. The thing to remember about all of the skills is that at level fifteen you will get a weapon swap which will allow you to put five more active skills on your screen, a la Guild Wars 2.

Racial, Guild, AvA… There are more!
    Yes, there are a lot more skills to learn in the trees of Elder Scrolls. You will get some racial skills depending on your choice. You will also get a list of Guild skills, we did see these in the demo, but they were mentioned in the briefing afterwards. It would not be a Matt Firor game without having a host of PvP rewards to spend on various skills as well. So you will have a lot of ingredients in your “character soup bowl”.

This article may make progression sound intimidating, it is not. If anything it is easy to handle and really does give a lot of options to the player. You can respec certain parts of your character as well just in case you don’t like how it is going. The team also explained that there will be enough skill-points so that you can learn everything, it may just take time. By the time you hit the level cap of 50, you’ll still have a long way to go before maxing out everything available to you. I also like that you can find Sky Shards around the game to collect which give you those extra skill points you want to spend especially early on. I think that we will have a ton more articles on Progression as we continue coverage here at MMORPG. Debates and comparisons are a given with this system. From what we have seen so far it is one that rewards the players for just playing the game, and that’s always welcome.

First-Person View
    Yes, it is in. To stop all the rumors and silly press assumptions: it is in. We were shown a great video of how it looks. It looks like Elder Scrolls, and the skills and weapons came across the screen really clear. I will say this about first person: I don’t know how it will translate into PvP. In the open world AvA system, you are constantly going to want to look over your shoulder. You need that third person view to see what is coming in behind you and on the sides. It may just be a risk to go first-person, when you could miss out in this tactical advantage.
    First-person view has always been a staple of Elder Scrolls and it should be really great to go through all of the PvE content in that format. The team is set on building a great RPG game and this definitely adds to it. Spells worked well and we got to see the dual-wielding maces beat down some skeletons in a graveyard. Also, we saw how skills work like the Dragon Knight’s chain throw (Get Over Here!) attack. It ran smoothly and Matt said that they are still polishing the graphics and making sure it runs well for launch. So rest your fears, you will be able to run around in Elder Scrolls Online with a first-person view.

Exploring the Whole Wide World
    Another new announcement came from the team about exploring the whole world of the game. For a while, it sounded like you could only explore the faction that you had joined at the beginning of the game. So the Ebonhearts would only explore Skyrim and so on. This has now been changed. Players who complete all of the PvE in their zone will now get the chance to unlock another zone at Level 50. Therefore, Ebonheart players can explore the content of the Daggerfall Covenant or the Aldmeri Dominion at Level 50. Once you make the choice the entire zone opens up to your character to explore. Matt did say that the loot you will get in the other zones will be really good, and after finishing the 2nd, you unlock the third. When you unlock the third zone that will give some of the best loot in the game.

The new zones are set up to play with level 50+ content. So it does present some great challenges to a player. Matt also explained that you can go back to zones very easily with the Wayshrines on the map. They definitely made travel quick and easy in the game. So once you have explored an area, being able to return and move around will go much quicker.
    As a player I am happy to hear that these zones will be open to everyone. In the interview Matt said that we did not want players to miss out on 2/3’s of out game. So we wanted to open it to everyone. As a Daggerfall Orc I cannot wait to adventure through Ebonheart and Aldmeri. This really does open the whole world of PvE to players and gives them chances for some great loot in the game without having to focus on raids or AvA if they just want to explore.

The Fourth Class
    Along the lines of the Dark Brotherhood, the fourth class was mentioned in the presentation as the Nightblade. We cannot wait to play it. With the open progression system there is so much to look forward to with that class. Especially knowing it will have magic skills as well. But precious little other info was given other than its name, so we’ll have to wait and see what it holds in the months ahead.

What can you Craft?
    The professions are: Provisioner, Enchanter, Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, and Alchemist. These five cover everything that you can make in the game. You will get Crafting points which you can distribute to the skills. The team said that you can Master two skills or have a decent base in all five. Being an MMO with guilds and a world economy, it makes the most sense to master two of the five. However, if you are a true solo player, you can do all five, just not as well as the masters.

We saw two examples of what you can make. The first was the Dawnstar Ale which I made in the demo. I had found some grains in a barrel in town and also got some Pure Water off of a shelf in the island’s palace. I was going through a dungeon and found a campfire. It said “Press E to use the campfire” and so I did. Then my Orc was standing with a bowl and working over the fire. Provisioner had two categories: cooking and brewing. I was able to add the Grains and Pure Water as the main ingredients and DawnStar Ale was made. I did not have any Additives this time, but more on that later.

The next example we saw was during a demo when Paul Sage had his Orc blacksmithing an axe. For those of you interested: yes you can make all of the racial armors and weapons in Elder Scrolls, plus a few other classics. Daedric weapons please, yes, and thanks. Paul crafted the axe using Iron Ingots and another ingredient, but then went crazy with the Additives (again more later). The result was an Iron Battleaxe of Undead Bane and Lightning. Yes, you heard that right. Because Paul was an Orc he was able to make the axe in the Orc styling. All the races will automatically get their own weapon and armor racials to learn. A Blacksmith can learn to craft other types of weapons and armor, but they told us that was something to be discovered in game and not just handed out freely.

How do you Craft?
    The crafting interface is very easy to pick up. You go to an anvil and forge for example as a Blacksmith. We did not see the Enchanter’s table or Alchemist’s lab yet. Once at the spot, the game will ask you if you would like to use the Forge. Then it shows your character working on whatever the profession is, hammering for blacksmith, mixing over the fire for brewing etc. The screen opens up slots for Primary Ingredient, Secondary Ingredient, and then three slots for Additives. The Primary and Secondary Ingredients actually make the item you want. So in the weapon case, it was the axe. The Additives are where the real experimentation comes into play. You have three slots to add different additives which give the weapon its propers. You can also max up to five of each additive. So you can make a weapon that is very strong at one particular skill.

The experimentation of the system really comes into play with the additives as everything in the game brings different properties to the weapons or potions. Finding out what everything does and then getting the right combination is something all the players can enjoy. There are definitely a ton of ingredients lying around the world just like any of the Elder Scrolls games. Even at level two I made the Ale which I used to heal myself after a fight with some pretty nasty pirates. Once the item is made, it shows up on your screen. A good example of how additives work is when I made my Dawnstar Ale: Paul also did brewing and created Invigorating Dawnstar Ale which was much stronger than the one I had brewed. This is all done through the experimentation in Crafting.

Will my Crafts be useful?
    Absolutely! The team is very serious about crafting producing some of the best loot in the game. So becoming a master weaponsmith will bring you great results. They also said that if you get some great high level gear from a dungeon run or beating a boss in another zone you will be able to enhance them through Crafting.

They also said they want crafting to be fun and not a grind. They want you to make some great experiments and the system is open enough for a lot of combinations. Paul Sage explained that the more you craft the better you get at finding the right combinations.
    Overall I think all of the journalists there were very impressed with the Crafting system and demo. I know in Skyrim I spent a lot of points in blacksmithing and enchanting on my Orc to make some serious two-handed weapons. I can only imagine how things will go in Elder Scrolls Online. The best thing to take away from the Crafting was that it will be on par with raid weapons and loot. They want the top items in the game to come from crafters. One last note: they did not talk about an in-game economy, but they did say they wanted crafting to really encourage trade among players. Let’s see how it all plays out and how that trade is initiated later on.

Tar6
  •  10460 posts
  •  

Ainda continuo dando meus pulos no wow

triplo_r
  •  18299 posts
  •  

se o combate fosse mais pro lado de um hack & slash, ate me animaria.

Tar6
  •  10460 posts
  •  

triplo_r escreveu: se o combate fosse mais pro lado de um hack & slash, ate me animaria.
    :sniff:

Tar6
  •  10460 posts
  •  

Também to de olho nesse aí irmão

Blue Dragon
  •  41383 posts
  •  

tibia>>>>>

Chinelada na Bixarada
  •  11483 posts
  •  

O dia que criarem um mmorpg de qualidade com combate em real time mais ou menos como no skyrim em vez de copiarem a fórmula do wow os desenvolvedores vão ganhar caminhões de dinheiro

triplo_r
  •  18299 posts
  •  

Chinelada na Bixarada escreveu: O dia que criarem um mmorpg de qualidade com combate em real time mais ou menos como no skyrim em vez de copiarem a fórmula do wow os desenvolvedores vão ganhar caminhões de dinheiro
    como se o combate do skyrim fosse grandes coisas

ViniciusRV
  •  12812 posts
  •  

Chinelada na Bixarada escreveu: O dia que criarem um mmorpg de qualidade com combate em real time mais ou menos como no skyrim em vez de copiarem a fórmula do wow os desenvolvedores vão ganhar caminhões de dinheiro
    TES Online sai esse ano ainda. :D

Adamastor o Castor
  •  34373 posts
  •  

triplo_r escreveu:
    como se o combate do skyrim fosse grandes coisas
    correr pra trás enqnt ataca

Mao Tse-Tung
  •  10457 posts
  •  

Acho que há um pouco de equivocação ao comparar a maiorias dos mmo a Wow

Até porque quase todos os mmo medievais são wows. E também esse é o estilo dos mmorpg

ViniciusRV
  •  12812 posts
  •  

Recebi uma beta key que acho que todos que se cadastraram receberam pra participar do STRESS TEST SESSION FRIDAY às 6:00PM EDT.

Acho que vou participar pra fazer coro com os BRBRBR.

Adamastor o Castor
  •  34373 posts
  •  

vao jogar por 3 dias, largar e voltar pra masturbação no dota

bigodon
  •  21245 posts
  •  

elder scrolls pra mim agora só no nextgen

bigodon
  •  21245 posts
  •  

elder scrolls pra mim agora só no nextgen

ViniciusRV
  •  12812 posts
  •  

Adamastor o Castor escreveu: vao jogar por 3 dias, largar e voltar pra masturbação no dota
    Ainda bem que desinstalei definitivamente esse troço, pior que crack isso aí. E eu ainda sou uma espécie de Pikachu, 50 anos e não evoluo nesse game.

Pelo visto acho que não foi todos que receberam a key, testarei aqui! :D

MENSAGENS RECENTES

https://twitter.com/futebol_info/status/1780982904[…]

Carpini caiu do São Paulo

https://twitter.com/cidaqueiroz/status/17781178058[…]

wesley é um cemiterio de jogadas coletivas […]

O melhor conteúdo: seguro, estável e de fácil manutenção, desde 2012